The field of anesthesiology may touch a patient throughout all ages of one’s life as well as through a variety of circumstances. The following information is divided up into key areas of specialty for anesthesiology. You may be surprised at all of the areas of medicine anesthesiologists lend expertise to, such as pediatrics, pain medicine, geriatric care, and obstetrics. Click on the links below and see how anesthesia is used to help people in a number of areas, from pre-operational procedures to post-care.
Note: Clicking on these links will take you to PDFs provided by the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA).
- Awareness and Anesthesia
- Childbirth and Anesthesia
- Children and Anesthesia
- Herbal and Dietary Supplements and Anesthesia
- Obesity, Sleep Apnea and Anesthesia
- Outpatient Surgery and Anesthesia
- Pain Management
- Seniors and Anesthesia
- Physician Anesthesiologists: The Anesthesia, Pain and Critical Care Specialists
- Sedation, Analgesia and Anesthesia
- Stop Smoking for Surgery